Guest at the Pulpit or Podium
Love and Activism: What We Love Can Be Saved, Borderlands, Time To Love
I wish all our guest speakers were as organized as you.
Rev. Amy has an approach to worship that reveals her thoughtful spiritual nature, combining elements of music, words, and reflection to create a mood of reverence and serenity. It is always a pleasure to be present in worship with her.
I provide pre-recorded video, integrated powerpoint, and/or live zoom presence.
Typical planning process:
- 2-4 weeks in advance: choose topic with minister or worship coordinator. Send me contact information for 1) Newsletter editor, 2) Worship Associate, 3) RE person/Time for All Ages coordinator, 4) Music coordinator/pianist. Send me your sample order of service. Contract/I9 completed with Office Admin/liaison.
- 2-3 weeks in advance: Congregation's liaison and I will meet. I will send a) list of suggested hymns to Music coordinator/pianist, 2) list of possible readings to Worship Associate, 3) story or activity to RE person, and draft Order of Service to Worship associate or worship coordinator, 4) sermon blurb and bio to newsletter person.
- 1 week in advance: I need to know the performed music titles and the hymns and the final OOS.
- 1 day in advance: check in and rehearsal if needed. I'd also like one or two cell-phone numbers in case of emergency.
I admired how easily and brilliantly you were able to pull everything together throughout the service; you really listen to everyone. That's some presence of mind... At the same time, your own personal message is very, very clear and memorable. Thanks for the "feast for thought."
I loved how Rev. Amy intertwined music and song in the sermon. It was very organic.
- SERMONS, WORSHIP SERVICES: $270 (one service) $350 (two services) plus current IRS mileage allowance (book with a retreat and save on travel costs. I usually travel with my portable home so need not charge lodging.)
Sermons are spoken and heard. My notes prompt my speaking. The best way to hear it again is the audio files. I generally do NOT provide copies of my written notes.
...your vision for each of the service elements including music, readings and Time for All Ages was thoughtful and everything fit together. Additionally, you delivered your sermon confidently and empathically. It was nicely done.